Sunday, October 01, 2006

Today is the day!
Can you believe it? I'm finally going! It has been a crazy month trying hard to get me to Paris. I've certainly learned a thing or two about French bureacracy. It's crazy. My visa arrived on Friday. Just in the nick of time.
I'm currently homeless in Paris. Though, it doesn't quite bother me as much as I thought that it would. Our wonderful appartment featured in the first blog is no longer being rented to us because it was "too complicated"! Now I'm agree, I'm a very complex person but man, there's no need to dicriminate! So alas, Jessica and I are in a hotel for a bit. And we are going to scrounge for a new place to live this week. Should be interesting!
Well I currently have nothing packed. But it's only early, and I don't fly until this evening, so it should be a very exciting day of running around looking for things like my winter jackets which are currently MIA. Minor details!

Before I go, in a whirlwind to pack, I must say thanks to the best parents a girl could have for doing everything they could to help. And of course for the Christmas dinner last night, complete with carols and Christmas Crackers! My mom stopped cooking with cheese long ago in an effort to get me to move out, but secretly I know she'll miss me, when her baby girl is out finding herself in Paris!

Of course, thanks also to every for the gifts and EUROS. My stomach will thank you when I'm living on a park bench under the Eiffel Tower. And to all those who encouraged me, and listen to me say I want to go to Europe for the last number of years, thanks! I'll stop with that rant now!

Well all, next time you hear from me I'll be on the other side of the pond. Can you believe it? I certainly can't, especially because I have no idea how many pairs of shoes I can fit in two suitcases!
Alright I'll leave you with some memorable quotes from some cards I got last night at Christmas dinner.
Don't miss me too much, I'll barely have time to miss you all ( I jest!)
Kate x (that's for you Jenn!)

"Now is the time to live your ideal life" Cousineau (and Laura Jean)

"Twenty years from now you will be more disapointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the tradewinds in your sail. Explore, Dream, Discover." Mark Twain (and Sue and Charlie)

"Bye! Don't forget to drink." American Greetings Card (and the sis!)

"Travel broadens the mind, flattens the finances, and lengthens the conversation." Lois Hoarse (and the sis again, or maybe this was the Donald)

"Those french guys are trouble, and whatever they can do, I can do, but I can do it underwater too!" Pure Kyle T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home