Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I have arrived!
Severe jet lag took over my emotional system yesterday. We all know what happens when I get a little too over tired! But today is a good day. I saw the Eiffel Tower for the first time today, and its difficult to describe the feeling you get when you look up and see it for the first time. It’s overwhelming. I found where I work and its in a lovely part of the city, very posh. I’m excited to start tomorrow and finally meet all of those people that I’ve been talking to for so long.
We found an apartment this evening. It's pretty small, think dorm room size with a bath attached. And yes that’s for TWO. For those planning to visit, please expect to get cozy! Not like we would spend much time in the apartment anyways. This is city is so big, I’m not sure I’ll ever see it all.
I also bought my first French baguette! I know you were all just waiting to hear that. You know that you are a true Parisian when you buy baguettes!
So it looks like I will enjoy these next few months. I'm happy that Jenn is coming this weekend, it gives me some home to ease that left over emotional jet lag.
Well I must go to bed, first day of work tomorrow.
Life is good, and I miss you all!
Kate, the Parisian!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home