Sunday, March 11, 2007

Busy Busy Busy!


So I had every intention of sitting down and writing a nice long post about my trip to Scotland that followed the girls trip, but then last week came upon me, and I barely had time to take my clothes off before falling into bed!

My "less than 24 hour trip" to Scotland was a success! I had so much fun. Of course the point of the trip was to see Dave Matthews in concert and I can't even begin to describe how FABULOUS that was. He "forgot" to mention he was bringing Tim Renyolds along, best surprise in the world. Those two together are fantastic. It was an accoustic show, but Tim makes up for like 5 people he's so amazing on guitar. Jenn and I had a fantastic hotel, which included a full Scottish breakfast, haggis included (I left that alone for now, along with the blood pudding, puke!). We did a little pub crawling after the show with some friends of Jenn's. And by pub crawling I mean club crawling the exact opposite of what you would think of pubs in Scotland. These clubs had people dressed better than Parisians, and that's difficult. Needless to say we were a tad underdressed. But it was fun nonetheless! It might have been the best trip yet...

Work was absolutely crazy and pretty much great this week. I spent Tuesday in Brussels with my boss from Singapore and my boss from here as we had a meeting to attend at the World Customs Organization. It was fabulous to see all that goes on in a real meeting! The trip was short, there and back in one day but I did have a chance to stop and get some Belgium Chocolate. My intention was to send some home but let's just say I was in a chocolate mood lately so don't get your hopes up...! It was great week at work. A real confidence builder. I also learned some valuable lessons about not having TOO much confidence but thank goodness for a great boss who recognizes one's strengths and tries his best to show your weakness and ways to improve that. I will forever remember this internship and how I learned so much in the span of six months.

So onto the big news. I have an interview on the 27th for a visa to move to the United Kingdom. My short jaunt to Scotland made me fall in love and want to move there. I didn't feel I was ready to go home yet, and with Jenn being in Scotland and me liking it so much I think it's my next stop. I plan to become addicted to football, rugby and bad english soap operas and plan to drink too much beer in charming pubs while surrounded by boys in skirts. I think that's all the Scottish stereotypes I'm aware of...I'm very excited and will keep you posted on job prospects!

I'll leave you with a picture taken yesterday in Honfleur, Normandy. Not too far from the D-Day beaches. Dr Sun, an incredible woman my university set me up with took me there for a DIVINE lunch yesterday and I loved it!

I'll be back soon y'all. Love love love!
Cheers,
Kate

1 Comments:

At 6:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't believe you are moving to scotland and i won't be there anymore.
that's so sad.
but exciting for you!
kb

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home