Thursday, February 01, 2007

Everything is 'Fancier' in France

Had a bit of a craving for salt today, and was going grocery shopping so I thought I'd pick up a bag of chips. Ha. This is not Canada. There is not an entire aisle at SuperStore dedicated to oversized bags of chips. There's a dainty little section dedicated to dainty little snacks. So I spotted on the bottom shelf 'Lays'. Yes, I thought to myself, something I know. Ha. I should know better by now than to think that...because just because it has the same name as home...they are normally not the same. Number one, you can't buy big bags. These 'Lays' came 6 individual sized bags in a pack. And I'm certainly not complaining but the individual sized bags are smaller here than home. And number two, the flavors are CRAZY different. So I thought I'd share them with you:
  • The two normal flavors: Plain, and Plain Ripple
  • Bolognaise ( tomato, green pepper and spice)
  • Cheese
  • Roast Chicken and Thyme
  • Mustard Pickles
  • Spicy
  • Barbecue
  • Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil
  • Ham and Cheese
  • Oh and there's also two kinds of Olive Oil Lays: Plain and Romarin(whatever that is!)

Some seem pretty normal...but Ham and Cheese and Mustard Pickles! My word, that's a whole freaking dinner! So in my pack came Bolognaise, Cheese and Barbecue. I tried the Bolognaise, and surprisingly they were good. I love how the Roast Chicken ones come with Thyme. In Canada we carnivores like our gravy with our roast chicken...here it's a delicate dusting of Thyme. I love France.

Oh and also I was looking a some Chef Boyardee type products here, and decided to put them back when they stated in bold print: 8.5% Pure Beef! What? Tell me what exactly is the other 91.5%...no wait don't tell me!

love love...that's 8.5% pure love topped with Mustard Pickles! Yum!

2 Comments:

At 1:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha I was creeping on you on here exactly when you uploaded this entry haha Just thought I'd let ya know.
Those are some pretty funky chip flavours... soon as they have a mixed-veggie kind, I'll take a bag - and the roast chicken kind too!

 
At 5:44 PM , Blogger Lynn said...

MUSTARD PICKLES!!! hahah remind me to buy Donald some of those when I am over I think he might LOVE them!! Fwance sounds pretty fun and weird all at the same time!!
Talk soon...
Lynnie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home