Sunday, January 28, 2007

Where oh where should we go?

Well I had a bit of a waste weekend. Saturday started promising, a nice sleep in (little did I know, I was going to spend the entire weekend in bed!) and I got dressed and went to Champs. I had to find a club that I have to go to tomorrow for a lunch date. I'm meeting up with a former SMU prof and she's taking me to her private club...which looks incredibly posh by the way, so I'll let you know how it goes. I stopped at Virgin to pick up some earphones cause my iPod ones stopped working on me and also a map of Europe! Unfortunately I started feeling a little "seedy" after Virgin so I thought I'd head home. I had a bit of a headache and was feeling a little tired, but thought a good meal would fix me right up. So I made some goulash (which I definitely regretted at 3am) and knew not long after that I'd be spending my Sunday in bed. I'd mistaken the "seedy" feeling for hunger but it was in fact a migrane. Unfortunately my triggers and signs that I'm getting a migrane are not consistent so I'm not able to tell when I get them. So I spent today in bed, but it wasn't a relatively bad one and I'm hoping it will have vanished by tomorrow!

Ok so the real point of the post! Kyle and I are planning a trip in April. He's coming for two weeks and we want to see as much as possible (hence the map purchase at Virgin!). So where we want to go is all over the map and I have no idea how to pin down what would be a good area to go to. So thought I'd ask for some suggestions. Places people have been to...or wish they could go to...let me know. We're pretty open to anything and anywhere. I'd love to visit Greece and Italy. He suggested Spain and the Czech Republic, which I would also love to see. There's oh so many possibilities and I'm horrible at making decisions so help a brother out here!

Alright I should go to bed. I mean I should sleep because I've been in this bed all day...
Love you all!
Kate

9 Comments:

At 3:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey kate,
i think i mentioned this to you before, but everyone i know whose been to prague has told me its gorgeous. and, as an added bonus, someone told me last night that it's one of the cheapest places he's ever travelled (i think he said he paid 5 cents for a bottle of water in a grocery store?)
hope you're feeling better soon!

 
At 7:32 AM , Blogger Lynn said...

Oh SISTA, I am so jealous once again...ok let me get my list out, there is Denmark, Germany, Italy, then Spain, oh can't for get Belgium and maybe Norway and SVEDEN...lol DO you need me to continue, try to fit in as much as you can, maybe take a look at where some of the Contiki tours go, not to get on one, but to see places they go as a map for yourself. OH you are going to have so much fun!! Miss you, see you in a few weeks.
XO
Lynnie

 
At 9:51 AM , Blogger jonathanwil said...

Thanks for the link on your wonderful blog! I'm glad that I keep you entertained from time to time.

Cheers,
Jonathan

 
At 1:34 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Thanks Guys...
Though Lynn, you really didn't help me out...you were supposed to help me pin it down, not broaden it! Geez!
Kate

and wow, how'd jdubb find me? i wonder if he was google-ing himself. i do that too.

 
At 9:40 AM , Blogger jonathanwil said...

Well I have Googled myself on occasion, but the way I stumbled on here was I saw that a few people came from your blog to my blog when I was checking my web stats. So I decided to check it out, and low and behold, here you are. :)

 
At 9:51 AM , Blogger Lynn said...

I am fairly new to blog land, what are web stats and how do you see them!!

 
At 10:04 AM , Blogger jonathanwil said...

Check out www.sitemeter.com

You sign up and it gives you a code to track the visitors on your website. You see how many visitors, page views, the site that referred them, where they came from, etc.

It's all free too! :D

 
At 10:07 AM , Blogger Lynn said...

Thanks jdubb!

 
At 11:19 AM , Blogger Kate said...

ahh I understand now jdubb...thanks for the info!
i'll have to get it so i can spy on my visitors too!
cheers!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home